Wednesday, May 16, 2007

DISTRESS SEASONAL MIGRATION - 1- Locked Homes Empty Schools


It is time to visit such worlds and see what we can contribute...I have tried to simplify what I read in the book, Locked Homes, Empty Schools in some flow charts...
Locked Homes, Empty Schools, a study commissioned by AIF, examines the plight of migrant families by drawing on the work of four NGOs in different parts of India across several sectors: sugarcane harvesting in Maharashtra; saltpan, roof tile and charcoal making in Gujarat; and brick kiln migrations from Orissa to Andhra Pradesh. more...
The book LOCKED HOMES EMPTY SCHOOLS by Smita, Prashant Panjiar
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070401/spectrum/main1.htm
Book review on AIF by B G Verghese

I had the experience of reading the book and it took me to a world that runs parallel to the one I live but yet is oblivious to mine..is it my ignorance that I fail to tread into such worlds or is it the so-called sense of security that I think I possess in this world of mine that I am too comfortable with...????
MORE TO COME...

No comments: