Saturday, August 11, 2007

Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi- Persian Poet

I swallowed
some of the Beloved's sweet intoxicant,
and now I am ill.
My body aches,
my fever is high.
They called in the Doctor and he said,
drink this tea!
OK, time to drink this tea.
Take these pills!
OK, time to take these pills.
The Doctor said,
get rid of the sweet intoxicant of his lips!
OK, time to get rid of the doctor.

It is your turn now,
you waited, you were patient.
The time has come,
for us to polish you.
We will transform your inner pearl
into a house of fire.
You're a gold mine.
Did you know that,
hidden in the dirt of the earth?
It is your turn now,
to be placed in fire.
Let us cremate your impurities.

When we talk about the witness in our verse,
we talk about you.
A pure heart and a noble demeanor
cannot compete with your radiant face.
They will ask you
what you have produced.
Say to them,
except for Love,
what else can a Lover produce?

By day I praised you
and never knew it.
By night I stayed with you
and never knew it.
I always thought that
I was me--but no,
I was you
and never knew it.

This is a gathering of Lovers.
In this gathering
there is no high, no low,
no smart, no ignorant,
no special assembly,
no grand discourse,
no proper schooling required.
There is no master,
no disciple.
This gathering is more like an intoxicated party,
full of tricksters, fools,
mad men and mad women.
This is a gathering of Lovers.

I wish I could give you a taste of
the burning fire of Love.
There is a fire
blazing inside of me.
If I cry about it, or if I don't,
the fire is at work,
night and day.
People make clothing to cover their intellect,
but the heart of Lovers
is a shroud,
inflamed in golden hues of His Love.

For more...http://www.intentblog.com/archives/2007/01/maulana_rumi_ti.html

Courtesy...www.intentblog.com

No comments: